Merrell Men’s Trail Glove 3 Running Shoes – Awesome minimalist runner
They have a different cut than the trail glove 2.
I am really happy with these shoes. I researched a lot, trying to decide between the trail glove and neo trail and other brands. In the end, i went for the trail glove because other reviews suggested it may be a bit more versatile – ie good on the road as well as on the trail. Confirmed – great on road and trail. Fit like a glove too (ha ha) – a joy to put on and run in.
Great shoes, i have two pairs now which i alternate for work, running, walking and play.
- Barefoot shoes with grip
- Great trainer, slightly wide
- Awesome minimalist runner
Quality product – very little cushioning for near to bare foot running benefits.
I have used them (cautiously at first) while making the move from more cushioned shoes. They are incredibly light and you get a lot of feedback from the trail- in a good way but watch out for sharp rocks. The soles are thin enough o make you run properly but they are not forgiving to poor technique. The toe box is nice and wide to allow the foot to spread. I wear mine as a day to day shoe as well as for running as they are so comfortable. They split slightly where the soles meet the body of the shoe near the ball of the foot. I decided not to send them back and they haven’t got any worse one the last 6 months. Perhaps that is just the price you pay for such a light shoe. The are a little slippery on wet grass or mud so beware.
Features of Merrell Men’s Trail Glove 3 Running Shoes
- Microfibre AirMesh Upper – For superior breathability, granting your feet improved comfort through cooled aerated mesh.
- *Updated* Omni-Fit – The extended eyelets work with a new synthetic overlay structure helps to enhance an already superb fit, cradling the foot perfectly for great, secure fitting with great flexibility.
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Inner Material: Mesh
- Sole: Gum Rubber
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Material Composition: Synthetic
- Shoe Width: Normal
- Fused Toe Rubber Bumper – For added protection and durability.
- Synthetic Leather Sling – Rearfoot sling provides great stability, taking away bulky internal components and leaving you with a stable and secure ride.
- Flex Plate – Forefoot plate enhances protection and flexibility. It gives the forefoot more room for manoeuvre whilst granting added protection from sharp objects.
Very light and really for running as stated.
Great merrel trainers, good for trail running and keeping a natural arch in the foot. Along trail running, i also used these trainers to go to a festival, that was drowned with rain. They managed to stand up to the rain, mud and swamps and by morning had dried out perfectly, ready for use again with no signs that they’d been battered the previous night (and morning). They are a rather wide trainer so take that into consideration when you’re planning on buying these trainers.
Super comfortable for big foots like mine.
Great shoe both on and off the road.
Excellent my son loved them – great fit and look good too.