Mizuno Wave Ekiden 9 – Great but VERY lightweight.
Not run in them enough yet, but they fit well and for the first 5k were pretty good. May update to 5stars after i’ve run more.
Took a risk ordering from online without trying. But happy to report that they are perfect for racing, were defo a factor in getting a 1hr 35min half marathon time. Don’t use as a trainer though.
Great product and great price.
- Highly Recommended for Racing
- but they fit well and for the first 5K were pretty good. May update to 5stars after I’ve run
- Great but VERY lightweight.
However, these are very lightweight with very little support or cushioning. Good for short races but maybe a bit light for marathons.
Features of Mizuno Wave Ekiden 9, Men’s Competition Running Shoes
- Pebax Rnew – Made using plant based oils, this shoe is environmentally friendly.
- X-10 – Provides the most durable carbonrubber from Mizuno that alllows for longer wear in high impact areas and provides more traction at heel strike.
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Inner Material: Manmade
- Sole: Synthetic
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Shoe Width: Normal
- Resin Wave – In the heel which is tuned for quick turnover.
- G3 Outsole – Offers maximum ground contact with minimum weight to optimize grip, durability, and propulsion.
- Air Mesh – Breathable and Cool. AIRmesh allows each running shoe from Mizuno to maintain a high standard of breathability for the life of the shoe, and allows the foot to stay cool.